Some get stuck in the valley
The people of Israel got stuck in the desert, Lot got stuck in Sodom, and we get stuck because we don’t do the things that will get us through. We give up. It will take Relentlessness and we must understand the principle of “seasons”. You cannot pray away a season you must persevere and go through.
How to get through to your greater blessing
1. Believe. Unbelief is what keeps you in the valley.
a. How do you believe? Whatever you think and hear over and over is what you will believe. God’s word –vs. - mans word; the mind of Christ-vs. - My own or others thoughts and opinions.
2. Sow. Sowers are reapers!
3. Expecting a reward. God is a “re-warder” of those who diligently seek him! Gods kingdom is fueled by reward… if, then.
4. Focus. You will move in the direction of your focus. If you have no focus you will not move. The devil tries to bring confusion but God moves in his own order. (Joshua 1:7,8) “Turn not to the right hand or to the left” Distraction is deadly. Press toward the mark!
5. Adapt. 1Cor.9:22 “to the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak…”
a. You must not become rigid or legalistic. Learn to bend and give in when you need to. People stay in the valley because they will not move with change. Do not become inflexible! God is a God of change though he himself never changes.
6. Increase favor. “One day of favor is worth a thousand days of labor”
a. Favor with God. By having a heart that God loves,
b. Favor with man. By solving problems (Joseph), problems are the gateways to change and to promotion. The more problems you can solve the greater the favor upon your life. Goliath was a problem that promoted David to King.
7. Love. Love will keep you free from all bitterness and un-forgiveness. How many are there stuck in the valley because they refuse to love.
Application: Get through it, get over it, win, and eyes on the prize, stay where you are supposed to be and be faithful (full of faith) press, extend, and move forward!