I. The weapons of our warfare
a. Defensive weapons (preparing for battle)
b. Offensive weapons
i. The sword of the spirit (the word of God)
ii. The word of our testimony (our words backed by our testimony)
iii. The gifts of the Spirit
1. The word of wisdom and word of knowledge expose plans that the enemy might have laid out. 2 Kings 6:8-12
2. The gift of faith removes obstacles that the devil puts in our way.
3. The gifts of healing remove infirmities that the enemy tries to put on us.
4. The working of miracles brings down the strongholds just like the walls of Jericho.
5. Prophecy tongues and interpretation defeats the spirits of discouragement
6. Discernment of spirits exposes the lies of the devil.
iv. Unity with the body
We must prepare for battle and engage the enemy, not just wait for his attacks but take the land, kill the giants, advance the kingdom, drive back the forces of darkness, set the captive free!